RENTAL UNIT LEASE
IT IS AGREED, This_________day _______________________ by† and† between:
MYERS PROPERTIES A.K.A. ROBERTA MYERS__ Landlord and____________________________________________________________________Tenant:
That the landlord hereby lets to tenant, and tenant hereby leases from landlord, the following described premises situated in/at
in Polk Co. Iowa, to-wit: hereinafter refereed to as the "dwelling unit", in consideration of the mutual promises of the parties herein, and upon the following terms, provisions and conditions:
1. TERM: The duration of this Rental Agreement shall be from the _________ day of† _________________________ _________ to and
including the __________ day of† ________________† 19 _____.
2. RENT: Tenant agrees to pay to landlord, as rent for said term, as follows: $________________________ per month in advance, the first rent payment
becoming due on the __________ day of ________________________† ___________ and the same amount per
month , inadvance, on the ________ day of each month thereafter during the term of the Rental Agreement. Interest
on any amount past due shall be assessed at a _________% per month.†††
All sums shall be paid to the Landlord at:† 6554 CENTER ST. D.M. IA. 50312 or† at such other place as Landlord may, from time to time, direct.
3. DEPOSIT SECURITY: At the time of execution of this Rental Agreement, Tenant shall pay to Landlord in trust the sum of
$__________________________(not to exceed 2 months rent) to be held and disbursed as a rental deposit pursuant to the provisions of the Iowa Uniform Residential Landlord and Tenant Act. The tenant should be aware that by signing this document they are legally obliged to pay rent for the specified period, should they decide to not satisfy the lease then they forfeit all deposits and will be obligated to pay the rent until the time the a new tenant can be found for the property.
4. USE-ABSENCES: Unless otherwise agreed in writing. Tenant shall occupy and use the above described property as a dwelling unit. Tenant shall notify Landlord of any anticipated extended absence form the premises not later that the first day of the extended absence.
5. INSURANCE: The TENANT shall maintain in effect any insurance policy on personal belongings that are deemed necessary by the TENANT the LANDLORD shall maintain insurance on ONLY the structure that resides on the property.
6. UTILITIES: Utilities shall be furnished and paid for by the party indicated on the following chart:
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† LANDLORD††††††††††††††† TENANT†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††† LANDLORD††††††††††††††††† TENANT
††† ELECTRICITY†††††† _____________|_______________†† LAWNCARE____________|___________
††† GAS††††††††††††††††† ________ _____|________________†† TRASH REMOVAL_______|___________
††† WATER†††††††††††† ______________|________________
7. ACCESS: LANDLORD shall have the right, subject to Tenantís consent, which consent shall not be unreasonable withheld, to enter the dwelling unit in order to inspect the premises, make necessary or agreed repairs, decorations, alterations or improvements. Supply necessary or agreed services, or exhibit the dwelling unit to prospective or actual purchasers, mortgagees, tenants, workmen or contractors; provided, ;however, that the LANDLORD may enter the dwelling without TENANT's consent, in case of emergency and as otherwise provided in the IOWA UNIFORM RESIDENTIAL LANDLORD AND TENANT ACT.
8. ASSIGNMENT AND SUBLETTING: TENANT shall NOT assign this Rental Agreement, nor sublet the dwelling unit, or any portion thereof, without the written consent of LANDLORD.
9. FIXTURES AND IMPROVEMENTS: TENANT shall leave upon, and surrender to LANDLORD, with the premises at the termination of this Rental Agreement, all locks, brackets for curtains, and all other fixtures attached to doors, windows or woodwork, and all alterations, additions or improvements made by TENANT, without any payment ;therefore TENANT shall make no structural alterations without LANDLORD's written permission.
10. NONPAYMENT OF RENT: In addition to LANDLORD's other remedies provided by law, and without prejudice thereto, if rent is unpaid when due(1st. of month), LANDLORD will issue a 3-day notice to quit. Should the TENANT fail to pay the rent within three (3) after notice by LANDLORD this lease shall be terminated.
11. PRESENT AND CONTINUING HABITABILITY: Tenant has inspected the property and fixtures, and acknowledges that they are in a reasonable and acceptable condition of habitability for their intended use, and that the rent agreed upon is fair and reasonable in this community for premises in their condition in the event that the condition changes so that in TENANT's opinion, the habitability and rental value of the premises are affected, then TENANT shall promptly give reasonable notice to LANDLORD. Notice shall be in writing and present in a manner prescribed by law to insure that the LANDLORD was given due notice, such notice may be by registered mail or other such conveniences. TENANT shall provide for protection of rodent infestation via poison/traps if needed.
EXECUTED IN DUPLICATE _______________†† ON _____________ DAY OF_________________ , _______.
†††† LANDLORD††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† TENANTS
TENANTS SOC. SEC. #__________________________††††††† ______________________________
THIS LEASE IS AGREED UPON FOR THE RESIDENCE OF NO MORE THEN ____________ PERSONS.
Violation of the number of persons in occupancy shall constitute a broken lease and motions to correct or vacate the property.
THERE ____SHALL††† ______SHALL NOT BE PETS ON THE PROPERTY
. Type/number of Pets:______Deposit:$________
*THE PROPERTY HAS BEEN INSPECTED BY THE TENANT AND ANY MODIFICATIONS, CORRECTIONS ARE LISTED BELOW/ATTACHED. A SIGNED INSPECTION SHEET HAS ALSO BEEN COMPLETED.
*ANY INFESTATION OF RODENTS OR INSECT MUST BE REPORT WITHIN TWO WEEKS OF GAINING OCCUPANCY OR THE COST SHALL BE BORNE BY THE TENANT TO RECTIFY THE PROBLEM.
*NO KEYS SHALL BE ISSUED UNTIL FULL SECURITY DEPOSIT AND PROOF OF UTILITIES BEING TRANSFERRED TO THE TENANT ARE MADE TO THE LANDLORD.
*NO SECURITY DEPOSIT SHALL BE REFUNDED BEFORE 30 DAYS PAST EVACUATION OF PREMISES OR WITH ALL PAID UTILITY BILLS.
*A PENALTY OF 10% OF EACH MONTHS RENT SHALL BE ASSESSED IF THE PAYMENT OF SAID RENT IS NOT MADE BY THE 1ST. OF THE MONTH. SHOULD NON-PAYMENT EXCEED THE† 2ND. OF THE MONTH WITHOUT CONSENT OF THE LANDLORD A 3 DAY NOTICE TO QUIT WILL BE ISSUED.
*SHOULD CHECKS BE RETURNED BECAUSE OF "NOT SUFFICIENT FUNDS" ANY EXPENSES INCURRED SHALL BE PASSED ON TO THE TENANT. ALL FUTURE PAYMENTS WILL ALSO NEED TO BE MADE IN CASH ONLY. RECEIPTS FOR ALL TRANSACTIONS WILL BE PROVIDED UPON REQUEST.
*SHOULD IT BE NECESSARY TO TERMINATE THIS LEASE AGREEMENT PRIOR TO THE COMPLETION OF THE AGREEMENT† WITHOUT CAUSE OF THE LANDLORD; THE TENANT SHALL FORFEIT ALL RIGHTS TO A DEPOSIT REFUND. A FULL 30 NOTICE IS REQUIRED TO RECEIVE ANY REFUND!
*THE TENANT IS EXPECTED TO MAINTAIN THE PROPERTY (TO INCLUDE TRASH AND LAWNWASTE REMOVAL) AND DAMAGES BEYOND NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR(RIPPED SCREENS, BROKEN WINDOW/DOORS ETC.) SHALL AND WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE DEPOSIT AND MAY RESULT IN FURTHER ACTIONS IN THE COURTS OF THE LAND TO RECOVER EXPENSES THAT EXCEED THE DEPOSIT. ITEMS SUCH AS TRASH REMOVAL(BOTH INSIDE AND OUT), LAWN CARE SHALL BE INCLUDED IN THIS CATEGORY.
revised† 10/00††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††